This weekend, let’s just say was cookie mania! Saturday, we made pineapple cookies, sugar cookies, wreath cookies, mint sandwich cookies, cherry cookies, and white chocolate dipped pretzels. Of all those cookie choices, I look most forward to wreath and guess what? I am going to teach you how to make them. They are a bit like Rice Crispy Treats, but lots and lots better! They have been my favorite since childhood and I am not going to lie to you, but they are a bit of a pain to make.
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
10 ounce bag mini or large marshmallows
2 tsp vanilla
Green food coloring
4-5 cups corn flakes
1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. After melted, add your marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined.
2. After melted, add your vanilla and green food coloring. Make your marshmallow mix as green as you would like! Don’t add too much or it will give it a funny taste.
3. Now mix in your cornflakes. Make sure they are completely covered and they will look like this.
4. Now for the tricky part. Get yourself a cup of water for your fingers. For the shaping into wreaths. Find a pan and cover with wax paper or parchment paper. Wet your fingertips a little bit. For the shaping, take a bit of the mixture and shape into a circle like a wreath. Then add your red hots. We are not super fans of cinnamon so we usually just do two per cookie but add as many as you like. Most likely you are going to want to wet your fingertips between each cookies. Don’t over do it or your cookies won’t work.
Oh your mouth is going to water when you see how delicious this bark looks! I mean who doesn’t love, chocolate, cake batter, sprinkles, and white chocolate. I know that I do and this stuff is the boom! Yes, I just took it to the boom, taking it back to 90s. This is the best easiest treat to make and everyone will think you are pro and absolutely positively creative! I found it of course on my favorite dessert blog here.
All you need is:
3/4 cup Ghiradelli 60% chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups White chocolate
2 tbsp white cake mix
1. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl. I usually put it in for 40 seconds and stir and repeat until it is fully melted. Don’t put it in for too long or you will burn the chocolate.
2. On a cookie sheet, cover it with parchment paper. Take your melted chocolate and spread over the parchment paper until you have a thin layer of chocolate. Put in the fridge for about 45 minutes to harden.
3. After chocolate is hardened, melt your white chocolate in the same maner as your dark chocolate. Add your white cake mix to your melted white chocolate and stir. Take your palette knife and spread evenly over your dark chocolate. Now take your tasty sprinkles and sprinkle over the white chocolate. Put in the fridge for about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Take out of fridge and break up into pieces and serve at your next party. Enjoy!
Think you could use green white chocolate or red white chocolate and make a fun holiday bark! I think I have my plan for Thanksgiving or Christmas!